Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Post 11

After living in the Paris for the past four months I have noticed that a lot of Parisians freak out about most things. The day after North Korea started to go loco they had a massive rally by my school. People flocked down to La Defense to protest against something so small and that would probably have nothing to do with them. What makes Paris even better is that they can protest whenever they want and every protest is massive. Since Paris is so involved in social events and they like to let everyone know how they feel I have decided to make my interview lean more towards what my host culture thinks is the best way to deal with a social issue. I walked around La Defense one day and asked people how they felt about recent events such as the bombings in Boston and how they think it will change their everyday life. Security is already extremely crazy in Paris because of the conflict in Mali that started when we first came over to France. Also, now that gay marriage is legal I will have to ask people how they feel about that issue. I really want to get involved with the same sex marriage law because there has been a lot of protesting during the voting of this bill. I will probably only use these interviews for my final project about public issues since it will be on the most interesting topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment