Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Post 8 (Yep, talking about the pictures again)

This post is reflecting on Post 7 (Pictures) and why I took each picture.
I took this picture for many reasons. First off, I have never seen mountains like this before in my life. Since I grew up in Cincinnati I never saw mountains unless I went on vacation and we drove through the Appalachian Mountains and those are not nearly as amazing as the mountains in Innsbruck, Austria. The mountains are the main reason why Innsbruck is the town it is today given the Winter Olympics took place in Innsbruck twice in the last fifty years. When I was walking from the train station to my hotel I came to this view. With mountains surrounding the city every picture I took had the mountains towering in the background. As I stood on the bridge to take this picture a line formed behind me so I knew this had to be a good shot of the town. With the houses on the right and the majority of the mountains on the left I feel like I balanced out this shot well and it will go down as one of my favorites. 

This photo was also taken in Innsbruck, Austria. Once again you can see the mountains in the background and the colored houses in the middle. I took this picture, honestly, because I thought it looked cool. All of the houses were painted a different color and this picture captures the majority of the colors. I also made it so most of the colors that would pop out would be in the middle. This picture isn't one of my favorites but I do like the way it turned out.


This is a photo of Manneken-Pis. This small statue is a big deal in Brussels and to me that is funny because how small this statue really is. Periodically, the statue is dressed up but I went to Brussels twice and it wasn't. I made sure I didn't zoom in on this photo because I wanted to show the size of the statue in comparison to objects around it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment