Monday, April 22, 2013

Post 7 (Pictures)



This picture here was taken in Innsbruck, Austria. It is an almost straight shot at the houses across the river. Each house is a different color and this picture shows just a few of them. With this being a straight shot it only allows certain objects to be in the frame. 

This picture was also taken in Innsbruck, Austria. Since it is at a different angle the picture cuts out most of the snow capped mountains that were in the background of the previous picture but shows more houses and clear sky.

This picture also taken in you guessed it... Innsbruck, Austria. I took more photos here than anywhere else because it was the first time in my life that I have seen snow capped mountains. The river was also crystal clear and you could see straight to the bottom when standing on the bridge. This landscape shot captures not only the river but the majestic mountains and beautiful colored houses. It was starting to get dark so the deep shadows give this photo a quaint feel.

This picture is the vertical cousin to previous photo. It shows less of the mountains and slightly more of the house on the right. Taking this vertical shot cropped out some of what could be considered important parts of the previous photo.


This is a photo of Manneken-Pis. Yes, it really is that small. I did not zoom in whatsoever in this picture  so it shows the size of the statue compared to surrounding objects. This picture is one of my favorites because it shows the size of Manneken-Pis and when I heard about it I thought it was going to be a large statue of a boy peeing when in fact it is only about a foot tall.

This is the only zoomed in picture I have because I usually don't zoom in on many object but since the statue was so small I felt that it was necessary. Also this photo may have been filtered through Instagram (I'm sorry, I usually don't filter any pictures.) By zooming in on Manneken-Pis it removes many of the important items surrounding the little statue. Doing so takes away anything that could have been used as a scale to see how big the object really was.


No comments:

Post a Comment